The Extra-818 is the outcome of more than a decade of treatments and thousands of devices operated worldwide. The Extra-818 - based on Active's GEM-PL Technology, sets a specific pulse pattern according to the selected treatment type, skin colour, skin photo-sensitivity and treatment depth. The treatment protocols and different pulse patterns take into account the tissue's TRT (Thermal Relaxation Time) and the combined knowledge accumulated from thousands of treatments done during the years and clinical investigations done to confirm the findings. The combination of tested treatment protocols with high end engineering makes the Extra-818 the perfect device for leading clinics.
Vascular (Facial) Treatment
To view independent clinical research and to find out more information about Active Optical - The manufacturer of the new Extra-818 & Crystal 512 classic, please view this link.
Before and After
Vascular (Facial) Treatment
The Extra - 818 Contains Unique Features:
- Contemporary touch screen control
- Built-in Patch Test procedure for examining the optimal energy level
- A stunning number of 450,000 flashes in both lamps
- The large Universal Handpiece has a push button in addition to the foot switch making it work easier and faster for the therapist.
- All IPLs come with a 12 month manufacturers warranty
- The GEM patent technology means safer, gentler, more accurate delivery of broadband light
- Manufactured to the highest standards with numerous international safety standards and approvals including American FDA, CFS, ISO-134- 8S, and CE MM-MDD international medical standard.
- You will receive as much training as you need to operate the machine safely and confidently.
The Revolutionary Cooling System
The Extra-818 has a dual cooling system, controlled and
monitored in order to ensure long lifetime to the lamp and
comfortable treatment to the client.
Competitive cooling systems "freeze" the skin so that during the treatment the skin temperature will rise to a bearable level. However, this "freezing" temperature might limit the results because the follicles will not reach the coagulation temperature. To ensure optimal results Active installed a special Processor that prevents over cooling the skin and maintains a uniform low temperature of the "glass" throughout the treatment. This revolutionary system enables the Extra - 818 to provide best results with optimal patient comfort.
For clinical investigations, the self setting program allows
trained therapists to set the treatment's parameters according
to their needs. Allowing advanced research with the device.
The energy levels in the self setting program can reach 31J\cm2 with high intensity of 4,000W.
Handpieces: Integrated dual hand pieces
Chilled Tip: Up to 4c
Pulse Interval: 0.5 - 2 Seconds
Output Power: 11-31 joule/cm2, up to 4 000W
Cooling System: Revolutionary dual cooling
Control: Intuitive touch screen control
Lamp's Life Span: Universal - 250 000 Flashes - Facial - 200 000 Flashes
Treatment Area: 7.5 cm2 (15*50mm) - Universal 4.5 cm2 (15*30mm) Facial
Wavelength: 420-1100 nm
Weight: 42Kg (Including stand)
Dimensions: 44cm x 45cm x 100cm
New regulations are changing in regards to IPL. We offer
you the ease of mind that Active's IPL is compliant with all the
CE MDD: Intl. Medical Standard
FDA: US Safety Standard
ISO-13485: Med. Production STD
IEC 60-601-1: Medical Safety STD
CFS: Gov. Health Approval
CSA: Can.& US Safety App
TGA: Therapeutic Goods Administration (Australian Health Standard)